Benefits & rewards
- World class public health salary.
- Metropolitan, multicultural location.
- Great job scope.
- Access to rich choice of private schooling and tertiary institutions.
Working within a multidisciplinary team context, you will be responsible for the management and delivery of first class care to patients.
You will also
- delegate and supervise clinical practice of trainee doctors.
- Ensure accurate record keeping - discharge summaries, specialist opinions etc.
- Provide expert service to criminal justice agencies, NGOs, statutory bodies etc.
- Liaise with correctional services and prison health service.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on policy and planning in respect to forensic mental health and criminal justice issues.
Other areas of focus will include but are not limited to:
- Teaching - both undergraduate and postgraduate.
- Compliance within South Australian mental health legislation.
- Providing a consultative leadership style to ensure junior medical staff are engaged and motivated to deliver first class care.
- Management of resources efficiently.
- Clinical research.
You will be a FRANZCP qualified psychiatrist. If not, you will have completed your specialist training in any of New Zealand, UK, Ireland, Canada or USA; have had at least 3 years experience at consultant level and completed a formal training post in CAMHS.
For more information about this position, the RANZCP assessment process for overseas trained psychiatrists and the city of Adelaide please get in touch. Call Alasdair Spinner on +441312405276 or firstname.lastname@example.org