Permanent or Fixed Term Opportunity (6-12 months min)
Arrive in time for the Kiwi Summer!
Wanganui is only a 2.5hr drive north of Wellington. The location is ideal for those who want to live the relaxed Kiwi lifestyle yet also be relatively close to a metropolitan centre with an international airport.
This is a great opportunity to take on a Consultant ENT Surgeon position in a lovely part of New Zealand, close to premier ski fields and ideal for those who love the great outdoors.
The role is best suited to an ENT Surgeon with general all round skills comfortable working in a small service as part of a multidisciplinary team.
The District General Hospital provides services to a regional population of 65,000. It is well-resourced, with a modern Emergency department, Theatre Services and Acute Services Units.
Wanganui (population 42,000) is a great place for families, offering an affordable place to live and a nice way of life if you prefer not to be in a city and there’s a real sense of community here. The schools are excellent and the National Park is only a short drive away from the city, attracting mountain bikers and hikers from all over New Zealand, as well as internationally. And not only is the town situated right on the banks of the Whanganui River, but it’s also right on the West Coast of the North Island – a location ideal for surfcast fishing, surfing the point break, or simply taking in a beautiful sunset across the ocean.
There are daily flights from Wanganui to Auckland, making international flight connections easy.
Find out more about Whanganui region here
- Experience a comparable health system where your qualifications are recognised
- Competitive remuneration package (circa NZD$180k to NZD$280k, depending on experience)
- Generous relocation assistance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance + 10 days CME leave
- Multidisciplinary team working and opportunities to be involved in teaching
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand. There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
We also offer a referral reward if you refer a Friend and we place them! Click here for details…