Are you an Emergency Medicine Consultant seeking a new professional challenge and a warmer climate? Bathurst in NSW could be the place for you!
- Fantastic lifestyle in a beautiful historic city - Australia's oldest inland city.
- Regular short flights to Sydney (50 mins, 3 times a day) or a 2.5 hour drive.
- Salary package up to AUD$385,000 plus superannuation (dependent upon experience)
- Excellent choice of some of the best schools in Australia - public, private and university.
- Large, varied and affordable housing - buy a few acres of land and graze cattle or grow some olives, vines or fruit trees….
- Home to one of Australia's premier motor racing circuits.
- Lovely climate with warm summers and mild winters.
You will provide clinical care to adult and paediatric patients who present to Bathurst Base Hospital Emergency Department (ED). In addition to carrying a clinical patient load, you will be expected to supervise junior medical staff, review clinical cases seen by juniors or trainees, and provide senior decision making to expedite clinical care and patient flow. You will work collaboratively with nursing managers in managing the ED floor to optimise patient flow and maintain a safe working environment. You must be able to communicate with admitting teams, medical retrieval teams and tertiary referral centres for escalation of patient care when appropriate.
Bathurst Hospital serves a population of over 60,000 people and the Emergency Department sees over 25,000 patients per year. The hospital is a modern campus built approximately 12 years ago. Surgical services include day surgery, general surgery, orthopaedic surgery, O&G, and ophthalmology. A 7 bed combined ICU / HDU / CCU supports complex surgery and medicine. Paediatric, renal dialysis, hospital in the home and day only chemotherapy services are also provided
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (FACEM) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
Set in a wonderful natural environment with warm summers, clear, crisp winters, occasional snowfalls and lovely spring and autumn colours, Bathurst is one of the region's most beautiful cities, offering a diversity of attractions, activities and facilities.
Bathurst is a prosperous and rapidly growing regional centre. The city offers a pleasant country lifestyle with affordable housing, excellent public and private school education and a university. The region is conveniently located with effective transport links to Sydney and Canberra.