Head Medical are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Consultant in Dermatology with Dermatopathologist training included to work with our client based in Dorset.
The hospital is based within an area of outstanding natural beauty on the Jurassic coast and has all modern facilities and outstanding schools.
The current Dermatology team includes 2 Consultants, an Associate Specialist, 1 Specialty doctor, 1 GPwSI, a Foundation doctor, specialist nurses and secretaries. If successful, you will be expected to and be given time to develop your own interests in Dermatology and Dermatopathology.
Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Support the existing dermatology team in providing a dermatology inpatient and outpatient service, dermatology opinions for inpatient referrals, and Electronic Advice & Guidance (Teledermatology service) to GPs.
- Support the development of the Dermatology service, including to promote and maintain close links with the commissioners for local dermatology services.
- Participate in weekly MDT meetings.
- Work closely with and help supervise the multi-professional group within the dermatology department.
- Participate in supervision and training of other healthcare professionals, including GPwSIs in West Dorset, according to local agreement between Dorset County Hospital, commissioners and other providers.
- Actively participate in the teaching programme for undergraduate and postgraduate medical staff.
- Contribute to Clinical Governance and Audit.
- Full GMC Registration Entry on the GMC Specialist Register via; • CCT (proposed CCT date must be within 6mths of interview • CESAR or • European Community Rights
- An appropriate higher surgical/medical qualification
- At least 4 years supervised training in a Dermatology Specialist Registrar training programme or equivalent
- Experience demonstrating potential ability to cope with the demands of a District General Hospital-based Consultant
If interested, get in touch with Karen to have a confidential chat to learn more.
**If this post isn't right for you at this time please feel free to share with your friends and colleagues who might be interested. We pay a referral fee for successfully placed candidates. T&C'S apply.**