We are seeking an enthusiastic Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist to join Northland’s Child & Adolescent Mental Health Team covering the whole of Northland, from just North of Wellsford to the North Cape.
Northland District Health Board offers you professional support with commitment to continued medical education, professional development and peer review, participation in a growing service that has the opportunity to be at the forefront of both primary and secondary care innovations, the opportunity to be part of a multidisciplinary team contributing to an integrated model of service delivery in both outpatient and inpatient settings and the opportunity to work in partnership with other health, social and community sectors.
Consultants in New Zealand are well remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance. Competitive salaries, favourable working conditions, six weeks annual leave plus a generous Continuing Medical Education allowance of NZ$16,000 per annum, plus 2 weeks conference leave are standard. There is also a strong camaraderie between staff and a good social life for staff and their families.
The region covers an area of 12,600 square kilometres with a population of over 150,000 and is well known in New Zealand for its laidback way of life. The region is an area rich in Maori and European history, and has great cultural significance to the Maori people, some of the oldest traces of Maori settlement can be found here and newcomers will experience a real connection with the culture and way of life.
With its high sunshine hours and fantastic natural environment, including white sandy beaches and native forests, it has the reputation of being one of the country’s premier tourist and lifestyle destinations, and is a popular holiday choice for Kiwis in the summertime.
You can enjoy al fresco dining, world class scuba diving, fishing, sailing, surfing, swimming with dolphins and so much more. Popular water recreation areas include the Bay of Islands and Poor Knights Islands Reserves. The city itself has undergone a lot of development in the last few years and now plays host to active theatre groups, many visiting artists, and is known countrywide for its annual Garden Festival and Opera in the Garden. The area has a busy domestic airport, as well as excellent transport links to Auckland, New Zealand’s largest city which is only two hours away.
In a nutshell, it’s a beautiful spot where outdoor enthusiasts and families of all ages can enjoy a truly balanced lifestyle.
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
- Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand. There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
- We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
Find out more about our Referral Reward Scheme Click here for details
Read our Guide to Living and Working in New Zealand to learn more about the lifestyle
Learn more about the English Language requirements and if they are applicable to you
Check your eligibility for Medical Registration with Medical Council of New Zealand or ask us for advice