Seeking a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist for a public hospital opportunity located in one of Australia’s most liveable cities: Brisbane, Queensland.
- Best of Australia - world class, multicultural, affluent, modern city with access to rivers and the coast.
- Service includes first class, contemporary tertiary facilities.
- Major international airport.
- Excellent remuneration package up to AUD$420k plus on call (dependent upon experience).
- Choice of top tier private schools and 2 universities.
Join a multi-national team of experienced consultants/staff specialists, doctors and nurse practitioners providing children’s health services to a catchment population of over 1million people.
The primary purpose of the position is to provide high quality psychiatric services, demonstrate clinical leadership to Child and Youth Mental Health Services and to contribute to the overall development and quality of services.
The position also provides direct psychiatric clinical services to patients of the Divisions/Health Services within the mental health service and supervision to medical officers and RANZCP trainees.
Develop and implement processes to optimise the efficiency and safety of entry, progress and discharge from the service, including comprehensive assessments, interventions and goal planning, clear relapse and re-entry plans, discharge summaries and outcome reporting.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
- 3 years Consultant/Specialist level work experience.
- A minimum of 6 months in a formal training post in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in your basic or advanced training (if not FRANZCP).
- Experience in a multidisciplinary team context.
Metro South Addiction and Mental Health Services provide services across the age spectrum from child and adolescent, adult to older adults and a range of specialist and state-wide services including consultation liaison, addiction, deafness and mental health, post graduate training and transcultural mental health.
They offer inpatient, acute care, and community-based services for people who are experiencing, or at risk of developing, severe and complex emotional, behavioural or mental health and/or substance use problems. They provide a range of innovative services, staffed by multidisciplinary teams with a broad mix of skills, knowledge and professional backgrounds.