We are seeking a consultant Cardiologist with expertise in all aspects of Cardiac Imaging to join an established and progressive tertiary referral and teaching cardiac centre.
The department is a leading national centre for structural heart disease intervention working closely with the cardiothoracic team who perform ~ 680 cardiac surgical procedures/year. Situated on the banks of New Zealand’s longest river, it is New Zealand’s 4th largest city, and it’s rich cultural mix and vibrant centre makes it a perfect place to experience the friendly Kiwi lifestyle. Both the West Coast and East Coast beaches are within easy reach, meaning endless recreational possibilities
The successful applicant will join a well-established and dynamic team of 14 Cardiologists and 5 Cardiac Surgeons. It is envisaged approximately 50% of worktime would be dedicated to cardiac imaging, with an expectation to share in the general cardiology workload including ward service, outpatient clinics and the out of hours on call roster. There is potential for leadership opportunities in the department for those with the desire.
You can find out more about Hamilton here
- Experience a comparable health system where your qualifications are recognised
- Competitive remuneration packages (circa NZD$180k to NZD$280k, depending on your experience)
- Generous relocation assistance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance plus 10 days CME leave (pro rata)
- Multidisciplinary team working and opportunities to be involved in teaching
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand.
- There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
- We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
Find out more about our Referral Reward Scheme Click here for details
Read our Guide to Living and Working in New Zealand to learn more about the lifestyle
Learn more about the English Language requirements and if they are applicable to you
Check your eligibility for Medical Registration with Medical Council of New Zealand or ask us for advice