We are looking for an experienced Consultant Cardiologist (Imaging) to be based in a 600-bed tertiary, teaching hospital in Hamilton, a bustling university city just 90 minutes drive south of Auckland.
The department is a leading national centre for structural heart disease intervention, and are developing a pioneering cardiac imaging service across the Midland region, including Cardiac MRI, CT coronary angiography, structural heart disease CT, nuclear cardiology, stress echocardiography and 3D TOE.
- Full-time permanent position
- Interest in Transoesophage Echo, Cardiac CT and MRI desirable
- Dept provides a wide range of adult cardiac services, including cardiac surgery (catchment: 900,000)
- Join a team of 15 Cardiologists and 5 cardiac surgeons
What’s on offer?
- Total package circa NZ$180,000 - $300,000 pa (approx. £94,000 - £155,000 pa), depending on level of experience
- Includes base salary range NZ$158,141 - $230,000 pa
- Includes NZ$16,000 CME Allowance pa + 10 days leave pa to attend conferences
- Relocation assistance available
And the lifestyle and location are ideal:
- 4th largest city in New Zealand, just 90 minutes from Auckland
- Wide range of city amenities: restaurants and cafes, arts and culture, major sporting events
- Affordable housing market and excellent schooling options
- Easy access to the rest of the North Island, beautiful beaches, national parks, lakes and mountains
As one of New Zealand’s fastest growing areas, key to this growth is its central location and easy access to other parts of the country. Auckland City is only a 90 minute drive away and both the west coast and east coast beaches are within easy reach, including Mount Maunganui (voted New Zealand’s best beach in 2017), the stunning Coromandel Peninsula, and Raglan Beach, with its rugged coastline and some of the best surf breaks NZ has to offer.
As a university city, there is a diverse mix of arts and culture, as well as an array of sporting activities. The population (Hamilton city 200,000, Waikato region 390,000) is diverse, with many cultures represented and celebrated here. Events and festivals throughout the year include Diwali, Matariki (Maori New Year), Garden shows, regular Farmers Markets, Theatre shows and music festivals, major sporting events and tournaments.
There is an array of restaurants and cafes featuring locally sourced products, a vibrant nightlife, vineyards, and wide open spaces for you to enjoy the great outdoors. Housing is affordable whether you like the idea of an urban apartment, a townhouse with a garden, or a sprawling lifestyle block just outside of the city. There is also a wide variety of schooling options to suit your family needs.
You can find out more about the lifestyle and Hamilton City and the Waikato region here
For more information or a confidential chat, please contact Tina at firstname.lastname@example.org