Closing date 14th February 2019.
We are seeking a Consultant Anaesthetist for a regional hospital in Western Australia.
The Hospital has 66 beds for acute medical, surgical, paediatric and maternity patients, and a 24 hour Emergency Department.
The coastal setting and the ocean views make this is an ideal spot to settle into a sensational and relaxed lifestyle with the family or couples and singles alike.The beach is just a 5 minute walk from the hospital.
- Relaxed coastal lifestyle, surf beaches and superb diving spots
- Competitive package up to AUD$452k pa depending on experience, allowances etc.
- PLUS generous study leave and relocation assistance
- Only a 45 min flight from Perth.
- Well equipped and staffed ospital in a regional setting.
- Sensational remuneration package for public health setting.
The hospital is a 76 bedded facility. It is a referral centre for the entire region with a very busy ED and Medical department. Other towns in the region have small hospitals with service provided by GPs in private practice. There are approximately 30,000 ED presentations and 3500 admissions via ED pa. Extended medical services are also provided, such as renal dialysis with a 12 bed unit, palliative care, with an Oncology centre and dedicated Chemo unit, Stroke and Rehab unit. Hospital in the home service (HITH) and Post-acute care service (PACS) are also provided. The hospital has a 6 bed high dependency unit, pathology unit and Radiology department with a permanent Radiologist.
The town is situated in the Midwest Region of the State and is an attractive seaside community 260m (420km) North of the State's capital, Perth. It’s a 45 minutes flight from Perth. There’s some beautiful sights along the way; pristine beaches, national parks and carpets of wildflowers.
With marina-living available on the waterfront, semi-rural acreages for hobby farmers or new housing estates, there is variety of lifestyle options to suit your needs. The area is known for its sailing, kite, wind and wave surfing, and is home to some of the best diving sights along the WA coastline.
The managerial component of the job will be focused mainly on
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Fellowship of the Australasian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetics, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in anaesthesia in a hospital setting.
- Demonstrable high level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to clinical teaching
- Demonstrated experience in quality improvement.
You will have completed your specialist training in either Australia, UK, Ireland, Canada or USA.
For more information about this exciting and unique position, please get in touch for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org