We're seeking a Consultant/Staff Specialist in Anaesthetics to be based in Rockhampton, Central Queensland - a regional city which offers an ideal lifestyle and is the southern gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
- Fantastic lifestyle in subtropical Queensland
- Competitive remuneration package up to AUD$446,000 depending on experience.
- Overtime & on-call allowances are in addition to the package above.
- Coastal living with islands, waterways and beaches, as well as national parks and Great Barrier Reef
- Excellent schooling options and very family friendly
- Main referral hospital for Central Queensland
You will assist the Rockhampton Director of Anaesthesia in ensuring that Anaesthesia services provided are of the highest standard and delivered safely, reliably and efficiently.
- Provide professional leadership and assist with the education and supervision of Anaesthetic trainees and other medical staff, medical students.
- Provide a high-quality Anaesthesia service, both clinical and administrative, and work within the bounds of commonly accepted good clinical practice.
- Contribute to clinical governance of anaesthesia services across CQHHS.
Rockhampton Hospital is a 305-bed facility and is the main referral hospital for Central Queensland, now providing integrated cancer care services in Central Queensland in the newly established building boasting state of the art medical equipment.
The Rockhampton Hospital has four operating theatres and two procedure rooms. The operating theatre complex is supported by an 8 bed ICU/HDU. The Department is accredited for specialist training and is involved in teaching and research.
The Rockhampton Hospital Anaesthesia team provides great care for obstetrics, gynaecology, orthopaedics, general surgery, urology, ENT, ophthalmology, gastroenterology and dental procedures. It delivers a preadmission clinic and acute pain rounds, and provides sedation for medical procedures. The Department supports four (4) Queensland Anaesthesia Rotational Training Scheme trainees, one (1) College of Intensive Care Medicine trainee, one (1) Rural Generalist trainee, two (2) Principal House Officers, two (2) Junior House Officers and one (1) Acute Pain Service Nurse.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College for Anaesthetists (FANZCA) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
Rockhampton’s colonial history can be seen in its palm tree-lined streets and grand old heritage buildings – some of which have been lovingly restored to give the city a real ‘Aussie’ charm, creating a real sense of community. The region offers a superb lifestyle and a healthy family environment with a range of cultural, recreational and sporting activities. Real estate prices are affordable with a choice of town, coast or country living. Stroll along the river, drive out to the coast exploring the many beaches, discover Carnarvon National Park, spend time enjoying the galleries and botanic gardens, as well as the Great Barrier Reef - the lifestyle is peaceful and serene here.
Brisbane is just a short 1 hour flight from Rockhampton’s local airport.