Opportunity for a Consultant Anaesthetist for a general hospital in Perth, Western Australia.
- Stunning natural attractions, coastal living and all without sacrificing the benefits of a vibrant, dynamic, metropolitan city.
- Excellent total salary package up to AUD$456,000 depending on experience.
- Extensive quality education facilities including public and private schools, special education, TAFE and universities.
- Beautiful Mediterranean climate with 3000 hours of sunshine per year.
- Diverse residential opportunities, with homes and apartments overlooking the ocean or canals, through to rambling properties in the hinterland areas only 30 minutes from the CBD.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Consultant Anaesthetist.
- Provide specialist anaesthetic services, including obstetric and paediatric services and pain management under the direction of the Head of Department (HoD) Anaesthesia
- Participate in an on-call roster for afterhours work covering anaesthetic services.
- The Hospital Executive Director holds each Consultant responsible for the care of all patients assigned to them, understanding that after hours, the responsible Consultant is the Consultant on duty/on-call.
- Each Consultant is responsible for the orientation, education and supervision of the junior medical staff allocated to them. Supervision is especially important during procedures.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANZCA) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA (ABA certified) or New Zealand.
Armadale Health Service (AHS) is a general hospital focused on providing a range of high quality health care services in the community. The hospital, which is part of the Armadale Kalamunda Group, is equipped with an Emergency Department and Intensive Care Unit and provides high-quality general medical and surgery services, rehabilitation, maternity, paediatric and neonatal, mental health, renal medicine and dialysis services and ambulatory care.
Perth is regularly ranked one of the most liveable cities, with its own premium wine region, 19 white-sand beaches and Indian Ocean sunsets. It’s located along the waters of the Swan River and the west of the city runs along the Indian Ocean. It is the state capital of Western Australia and home to around 2 million people, making it a highly multi-cultural city with a fantastic social scene boasting plenty of alfresco style cafes and restaurants.
Perth is great for families with beautiful beaches to the north and south of the city and the clean, clear coastline attracts many visitors who enjoy snorkelling, sailing, surfing or swimming with the wild dolphins that famously live in the nearby bay areas. It also offers one of the most biologically diverse regions in the world.