We are currently recruiting for a locum consultant Anaesthetist to join a friendly and supportive team, based in Hawke’s Bay for 6 months from January 2017 – June 2017.
- Due to the short term nature of the role and the requirement to work as a specialist, this position requires you to be eligible to register via Locum Tenens with Medical Council of New Zealand, meaning you should hold FANZCA (or equivalent, e.g. FRCA with CCT). In addition, you must be willing to commence in January and commit for the full 6 months.
- Competitive salary, reasonably priced housing and a variety of inexpensive leisure activities make living in this part of New Zealand a positive choice
- Ideal locum opportunity
A flexible working week is required to provide service coverage, generally 4 x ten hour days.
The successful candidate will be one of 19 Anaesthetists who will work in a varied and often challenging department. A wide range of Anaesthesia procedures is a requirement. Hawke’s Bay Anaesthetists have a collegial attitude and an active commitment to ongoing education, teach and support junior medical staff, take an active role in interdisciplinary team education and actively support and utilise specialist nurse role/s as appropriate.
Hawke's Bay Hospital is situated in Hastings, New Zealand. It is a large secondary level, 400 bed accredited public facility providing acute and elective care for a region of over 152,000 people. The hospital is a modern facility with a full range of surgical, medical, oncology and radiological services.
- Experience a comparable health system where your qualifications are recognised
- Competitive remuneration packages (circa NZD$180k to NZD$280k, depending on your experience)
- Generous relocation assistance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance plus 10 days CME leave (pro rata)
- Multidisciplinary team working and opportunities to be involved in teaching
The region is set on the beautiful and famous coastline of the East Coast of New Zealand’s North Island. A well-known holiday spot for Kiwis, you are also only 3.5 hours’ drive from New Zealand’s capital City Wellington, a 2 hours’ drive from the famous Lakes region, and a 3.5 hours’ drive from the North Island premier skiing destination, Mount Ruapehu.
With over 2,245 hours of sunshine each year, and warm, dry summers this district is the country’s oldest winemaking region and is New Zealand’s leading producer of award winning red wines. To complement the sublime wines, it is further renowned as a gourmet destination for fresh seasonal food, exotic and organic meat, fruit and vegetables grown and processed in the bay. Country-style markets provide an opportunity for you to meet the growers and sample their wares. It is also home to a world-class concentration of Art Deco architecture, fresh local produce and artisan food producers complemented by a vibrant arts scene and a rich Maori culture. The region also hosts a number of ‘must see’ events throughout the year. If you are seeking a laid back, friendly and cultural city then this is it. Please see here for more information on Hawke’s Bay.
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
- Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand. There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
- We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
Find out more about our Referral Reward Scheme Click here for details
Read our Guide to Living and Working in New Zealand to learn more about the lifestyle
Learn more about the English Language requirements and if they are applicable to you
Check your eligibility for Medical Registration with Medical Council of New Zealand or ask us for advice