Are you a Consultant Anaesthetist seeking a new professional challenge and a warmer climate?
- Fantastic lifestyle in subtropical Queensland.
- Competitive remuneration package up to AUD$468k (depending on experience).
- Additional overtime & on-call allowances
- Coastal living with islands, waterways and beaches, as well as national parks and Great Barrier Reef.
- Excellent range of affordable housing – live in a house on the beach, apartment in the marina or on a farm in the hinterlands.
- Over 60 education facilities including public and private schools, special education, Wide Bay Institute of TAFE and the Central Queensland University campus.
- First class and well-resourced health service.
- Regular daily flights to Brisbane and Sydney.
Perform the duties of a Staff Specialist/ Staff Specialist (Anaesthetist) at Bundaberg Hospital:
- Participating in the Staff Specialist roster, including after-hours on-call and weekends. (May be required to work at other sites in WBHHS, in consultation with the medical officer).
- Provide outpatient consultations, pre-operative assessments, ward consultations and other related anaesthetic services.
- Provide clinical supervision and procedural assistance to registrars, other trainees and junior doctors.
- Supervise day-to-day activities of allocated junior medical staff.
- Work collaboratively with other departments and members of the multidisciplinary team to facilitate safe, high-quality patient outcomes.
- Provide educational activities within the Department of Anaesthesia involving other medical practitioners, allied health care providers and nurses
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College for Anaesthetists (FANZCA) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA (ABA certified) or New Zealand.
The Bundaberg Hospital is a 249 bed acute health care facility providing services such as 24 hour emergency department, theatre & anaesthetics, breast screening, general medicine, general surgery, obstetrics, gynaecology, intensive care/coronary care, pathology, paediatrics, renal services, specialist outpatients, orthopaedics, rehabilitation, palliative care, medical imaging and the Community Hospital Interface Program (CHIP). Specialist services include gastroenterology, radiology, respiratory, rheumatology, oncology, paediatric respiratory, genetics and urology.
The Coral Coast region of Queensland is a 4 hour drive north of Brisbane and its regional centre, Bundaberg, is centred on the picturesque Burnett River. The area is nestled below the Southern Great Barrier Reef and represents an incredible place to lead the life you always wanted to have. It really does provide a platform to enjoy a laid back, easy going subtropical coastal lifestyle that only Queensland can offer. Just 15 minutes drive from the city are the pristine shores of Coral Coast. Here you can fish, dive, whale and dolphin spot, snorkel the Lady Musgrave and Lady Elliot coral cays or experience the turtle-nesting phenomenon at the Mon Repos Turtle Rookery.