Looking for a tree change where you can live and work in an environment with open spaces, sunshine and time on your side? Great opportunity for Consultant Anaesthetists in NSW.
- Fantastic lifestyle in a beautiful historic city - Australia's oldest inland city.
- Regular short flights to Sydney (50 mins, 3 times a day) or a 2.5 hour drive.
- Salary package up to AUD$356,000 (dependent upon experience)
- Excellent choice of some of the best schools in Australia - public, private and university.
- Large, varied and affordable housing - buy a few acres of land and graze cattle or grow some olives, vines or fruit trees….
- Home to one of Australia's premier motor racing circuits.
- Lovely climate with warm summers and mild winters.
You will be part of a cohesive Anaesthetics team, providing excellent clinical care to patients as well as contributing to the development of Anaesthetic Services and mentoring of junior medical officers and registrars. 2 x positions available.
- You will be able to flourish in a department where your generalist skills will be maintained due to the variety of specialties available.
- You will be actively encouraged to develop your area of interest.
- On call has been agreed at 57 days per year.
- You will be on call with a junior anaesthetist and though their experience may be limited, call backs are not frequent.
- The working week consists of four days, each being 10 hours. Three days a week will be allocated as clinical duties with one day per week of nonclinical time to support professional activities.
Bathurst Hospital serves a population of over 60,000 people and the Emergency Department sees over 25,000 patients per year. The hospital is a modern campus built approximately 12 years ago. Surgical services include day surgery, general surgery, orthopaedic surgery, O&G, and ophthalmology. A 7 bed combined ICU / HDU / CCU supports complex surgery and medicine. Paediatric, renal dialysis, hospital in the home and day only chemotherapy services are also provided
It is currently undergoing accreditation as a training facility for emergency medicine, while the obstetricians and gynaecologists have been working with the general manager to upgrade the maternity unit to level 4 and the special care nursery to Level 3. They now meet Ministry of Health standards for this upgrade which means premature babies can be treated locally rather than undergo the long trip to Sydney. Additionally, with the appointment of an intensive care specialist the intensive care unit is being upgraded to be a fully accredited level 4 service.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College for Anaesthetists (FANZCA) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
Set in a wonderful natural environment with warm summers, clear, crisp winters, occasional snowfalls and lovely spring and autumn colours, Bathurst is one of the region's most beautiful cities, offering a diversity of attractions, activities and facilities.
Bathurst is a prosperous and rapidly growing regional centre. The city offers a pleasant country lifestyle with affordable housing, excellent public and private school education and a university. It is just three hours drive from Sydney. The region is conveniently located with effective transport links to Sydney and Canberra. Visit www.bathurstregion.com.au for more information. There is a private hospital which can provide private endoscopy lists. Academic and research opportunities are available at the co-located Western Sydney University clinical school.