Head Medical are delighted to be working with Shrewsbury and Telford hospital to recruit a Consultant Anaesthetist (ITU).
The Anaesthetic Department at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital has 9 operating theatres close to the Critical care unit. Most of the theatre workload is general, colorectal, upper GI/Bariatric, urological, vascular, and trauma orthopaedic surgery with smaller numbers of ENT, ophthalmic, gynaecological, and max fax surgery undertaken. The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital is a recognised trauma unit, and the trust has a well-established award-winning preoperative assessment service.
Qualifications and requirements:
- FRCA accreditation.
- Full registration with a licence to practise with the General Medical Council (GMC).
- Entry onto the GMC Specialist Register in Anaesthetics via one of the following ways:
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT).
- Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR).
- European Community Rights.
The post is full time and will consist of 10 PAs plus the opportunity to take up further clinical duties. Part time, job share, and flexible working applications will be given consideration. Salary will follow NHS scales and be from £84,559 up to £114,003 dependent on years of reckonable service. Applicants from those requiring a visa will be considered.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please get in touch with Karen to have a confidential chat.