Seeking a Consultant Adult Psychiatrist for major regional centre in Victoria, Australia.
- Fantastic lifestyle only a 90min drive to Melbourne.
- Enjoy a modern new state of the art hospital following a $630 million redevelopment.
- Direct train services operate between Bendigo and Melbourne every day (express service only 90mins)
- Excellent remuneration package up to AUD$390k dependent upon exp.
- A variety of fantastic restaurants, great shopping, acclaimed wineries, exciting attractions, glorious streetscapes, wonderful parks and gardens, magnificent heritage buildings, and all with a Mediterranean climate.
The job involves assessing and providing first class care to patients within a multidisciplinary context. If you have interests in rehabilitation psychiatry this would be great but the service does have the flexibility to offer a position which matches your interests and experience.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
- 3 years Consultant/Specialist level work experience.
- A minimum of 6 months in a formal training post in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in your basic or advanced training (if not FRANZCP).
- Experience in a multidisciplinary team context.
- Understanding of integrated case management system for service delivery.
- Strong collaborative ethos as well as capacity to work independently.
- Friendly and personable approach to your work.
Bendigo Health is a leading healthcare provider in regional Victoria, known for its high level of professionalism and its engagement with the community. With more than 3500 staff Bendigo Health has 700 beds which treats over 44,000 in-patients, attends to 50,000 emergency cases and delivers approximately 1350 babies each year. In addition, there is a 20 bed intensive care unit, and an 80 bed integrated psychiatry facility that is made up of four units – Adult, Older Persons, Extended Care and Parent & Infant.
This city is the largest centre of finance outside of Melbourne in Victoria. It has its own stock exchange and one of Australia's major financial institutions is headquartered there. It has a large and growing service economy with its major industries being tourism, commerce, education and primary industries.
The city has an exceptional number of lifestyle amenities – both cultural and sporting – as well as a large range of private and government provided schools. It has arguably one of the finest private schools in Victoria.
Melbourne, only 1.5hrs away is a major cultural, sporting, academic and economic centre. With a large port and international airport, it is a major hub in the Southern Hemisphere.