Toowoomba is ideal for those who want to live the relaxed Australian lifestyle yet also be close to a metropolitan centre with an international airport. This is a great opportunity to take on a Consultant Adult Psychiatrist role in a lovely part of South Queensland.
Only a 90 minute drive from Brisbane and 2 hours from the Gold Coast so is ideally placed, whether your preference is the countryside, the beach or the city.
- Great family lifestyle, with close proximity to Brisbane
- Local airport servicing Sydney (1h40min), Melbourne (2h10min), Cairns (2h10min) and Brisbane (40 min)
- Main base hospital for the region
- Competitive remuneration package (up to AUD$430,000, depending on experience)
- Excellent public and private schools available, as well as tertiary institutions
The Role and Hospital
You will be responsible for providing high quality clinical care to clients requiring clinical services in psychiatry and appropriateness of individual patient treatment, in relation to those patients allocated to their care.
The Acute and Community Mental Health Service is an integrated service linking inpatient services located at Toowoomba Hospital with community mental health services for children, young people adults and older persons. Consultancy and outreach services are also provided to other health service districts in the areas of Darling Downs, South Burnett and South West Queensland. The Acute Care Team (ACT) provides the first point of contact of clinical screening, information and referral.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
- 3 years Consultant/Specialist level work experience.
- A minimum of 6 months in a formal training post in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in your basic or advanced training (if not FRANZCP).
- Experience in a multidisciplinary team context.
Nicknamed the “Garden City”, Toowoomba (population 125,000) is a picturesque modern city located on the rim of the Great Dividing Range. The region enjoys a temperate mountain climate of four distinct seasons, including glorious summers and cool winters.
Toowoomba is the largest inland settlement in Queensland, and the economic centre of the Darling Downs region. It is a modern city, known for its beautiful parks and gardens, good shopping, cultural and sporting facilities, as well as excellent public and private schools, and universities. While it provides all the benefits of a major city, it also offers a relaxed lifestyle and pace of life.