We have an exciting opportunity to join a regional Eating Disorders service which provides a specialist “hub” of eating disorder services for much of the North Island. Based in Auckland, the service provides intensive 24 hour support to people over 15 who require supported specialised eating disorders treatment. The unit provides 9 beds to the supra region in a residential setting based in the community. The care provided includes physiological support and psychological evidence based treatment when this is unable to be delivered as an outpatient.
As a Psychiatrist for the adult team, you will work collaboratively with the existing medical staff and the multi disciplinary team of the adult treatment pathway to provide specialist psychiatric assessment and treatment for our adult clients and their families. There will also be good opportunity to engage actively in consultation and liaison work with other services. Since a large number of the adult clients are under the age of 25 interest and experience in working with the youth population would be helpful.
You will demonstrate a strong commitment to ensuring a safe and effective clinical service to this client group. There is an opportunity to either develop specialist expertise and/or build on existing skills. There are good opportunities for professional development and clinical supervision.
This is a full time position working Monday to Friday. REDS covers metro Auckland, Northland and provides specialist support to the Midland region so the role there will include some travel to those sites.
Auckland is home to over 1.2 million people, which represents a third of New Zealand's total population. A coastal city, set amidst beautiful harbours, Auckland’s blend of sophisticated city living and outdoor beauty makes it one of the most desirable destinations in the world. The largest city in New Zealand and the world's biggest Polynesian centre, Auckland is a diverse mix of contemporary lifestyle, cultural heritage, sporting achievements, economic vibrancy and colourful uniqueness. The city is surrounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Tasman Sea, golden beaches, bush-clad hills, native forest and 50 beautiful Gulf Islands. Some of the many benefits of making Auckland home include:
- Close proximity to beaches, wilderness, ski fields, countryside, islands and mountains;
- Harbours that are among the best marine playgrounds in the world;
- Home to numerous galleries and museums;
- Fabulous boutique shopping;
- Excellent cafes and entertainment;
Find out more about Auckland here
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand.
There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
We also offer a referral reward, so if you refer a Friend and we place them, you’ll receive £500! Click here for details…