Seeking a Consultant Adult Psychiatrist for a major regional centre in Victoria, Australia.
- Fantastic lifestyle only a 90min drive to Melbourne.
- Enjoy a modern new state of the art hospital following a $630 million redevelopment.
- Direct train services operate between Bendigo and Melbourne every day (express service only 90mins)
- Excellent remuneration package up to AUD$400k + shift penalties (dependent upon exp.)
- A variety of fantastic restaurants, great shopping, acclaimed wineries, exciting attractions, glorious streetscapes, wonderful parks and gardens, magnificent heritage buildings, and all with a Mediterranean climate.
The Role and Hospital
Seeking an Adult Psychiatrist to provide first class care to patients within a multidisciplinary context. If you have a high level of skills and experience in contemporary Psychiatry practice (preferably in a range of settings), the service has the flexibility to offer a position which matches your interests and experience.
The Mental Health Service is a comprehensive service that provides psychiatric care and treatment across a large catchment area in Victoria stretching from Swan Hill in the north of the State to Gisborne in the south. The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service provides services to patients from birth to 17 years, the Youth Team covers ages 18 to 24 years, Adult Services cover patients from 25 to 64 years and the Older Person’s Service manages those individuals over 65 years old.
Bendigo Health is a leading healthcare provider in regional Victoria, known for its high level of professionalism and its engagement with the community. With more than 4500 staff Bendigo Health has 700 beds which treats over 45,000 in-patients, attends to 65,000 emergency cases and delivers approximately 1700 babies each year. In addition, there is a 20 bed intensive care unit, and an 80 bed integrated psychiatry facility that is made up of four units – Adult, Older Persons, Extended Care and Parent & Infant.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
- 3 years Consultant/Specialist level work experience.
- A minimum of 6 months in a formal training post in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in your basic or advanced training (if not FRANZCP).
- Experience in a multidisciplinary team context.
- Strong collaborative ethos as well as capacity to work independently.
Bendigo is a thriving regional city with a population of close to 110,000. It has a strong supportive community base with excellent infrastructure making it an ideal location for families wanting to escape the bigger cities. It has fantastic restaurants, shops, cultural precincts, sporting facilities and tertiary facilities making it a great city in which to live and work.
Bendigo is the largest centre of finance outside of Melbourne in Victoria. The city has an exceptional number of lifestyle amenities – both cultural and sporting – as well as a large range of private and government provided schools. It has arguably one of the finest private schools in Victoria.
Melbourne, only 1.5hrs away is a major cultural, sporting, academic and economic centre. With a large port and international airport, it is a major hub in the Southern Hemisphere.