Are you looking to lead and shape the future of an evolving emergency care model in one of the largest trusts in the UK? If you’re a Consultant Acute Physician who takes pride in delivering high quality care to your patients, then this is the ideal opportunity for you!
As an Acute Physician, you will provide leadership for the Emergency Floor and work in collaboration with clinicians in subspecialties to provide 7 day Consultant cover across the Acute Medical Units.
- Easily accessible hospital
- Walking distance from the famous Margate Beach
- Work/life balance promoted
- Standard study leave budget of £1000 per year
- Dedicated office space
Some information on the role:
- The major part of your job will be ensuring that the clinicians who are supporting you are safely delivering the right acute medical care for the patients when they access the services.
- Full Registration with the General Medical Council
- MRCP OR equivalent postgraduate qualification
- Entry on the GMC specialist register or will obtain within 6 months of interview
Some more information…
The department is being significantly expanded, with a large front extension that will become the new Urgent Treatment Centre, and an adjoining two-storey new build that will house new staff facilities and new majors and paediatric assessment areas. Acute medical services are supported by a co-located Urgent Treatment Centre, NHS 111 walk-in and a Same Day Emergency Care Unit. These are highly motivated and focused departments, which pride themselves on delivering the highest standards of safe patient care.
Plans are underway for a “Rapid Integrated Assessment Unit” within the ED footprint and there is funding for a total of 10 Acute Physicians to provide a consistent level of cover across seven days with improved cover at weekends.