- £10,000 joining bonus!
- Choose location between Margate or Ashford (or both)
- Additional Principal Investigator opportunities with full support
Are you a Consultant in Acute Oncology / Palliative Medicine who is ready to hear about an exciting new challenge?
The hospital in Margate is a vibrant district general hospital and specialist centre for gynaecological cancer, providing emergency and elective services and comprehensive trauma, orthopaedic, obstetrics, general surgery and paediatric services within a coastal and rural geography. With modern operating theatres and an ITU, a Cardiac Catheter Laboratory, a Renal satellite service and Cancer Unit and co-located adult and elderly mental health facilities, it has attracted national investment with funding to expand its busy emergency floor.
The hospital in Ashford has a rich history since the 1920's, with almost 500 beds and a strong staff team of over 2000. Both were the filming locations for promotional videos for the "We are the NHS" campaign due to their cutting edge treatments, life saving operations and innovations in care.
- Provide a Consultant delivered (Medical and Leadership) service within Acute Oncology, the wider Cancer, Haematology and Haemophilia Care Group and other In-patient wards across the Trust.
- Provide a comprehensive and collaborative service for patients with suspected or known cancer in conjunction with acute oncology and palliative medicine teams.
- Contribute to the teaching, supervision and development of trainees
- Work cross-site and collaboratively with colleagues from different specialties and GP’s in order to provide access to Oncological expertise for all patients presenting with symptoms of Cancer or of complications of its treatment.
- To play an active role to support Quality, Audit and Research.
- To be a member of the Cancer Clinical Working Group and take an active role in service development.
- Supervise care of Oncology inpatients including those undergoing complex active oncological treatment teams quickly and effectively.
- Ensure that oncology patients are not admitted unnecessarily and receive the best possible treatment in the right location
- Basic Medical Qualification e.g. MBBS
- MRCP or MRCGP or other Oncology Specialist Training
- GMC Registration UK
- CCT in Oncology/ Palliative Care (Or within 6 months)
The trust’s next step in their innovative journey to excellence in acute oncology care is to establish a medically led acute oncology model in line with local and national acute oncology provision guidelines by the introduction of Consultant Acute Oncologist roles.