Are you looking for your next professional challenge overseas?
Due to an impending retirement we are currently recruiting a Specialist Neonatologist / Clinical Director for a tertiary teaching hospital in North Island, New Zealand.
The DHB provides care to 392,000 people, including a population of 82,000 children. The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit has 41 cots, 17 of which are allocated to Level 3 care. There is an active retrieval service for the Midland region of the North Island, and the service offers regional care for 12000 births annually.
- The NICU employs nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, and registrars in training. The unit has an active audit and research program, which the successful employee would be expected to assist in.
- The NICU is part of a wider child health service with tertiary level paediatric surgery support, and secondary level paediatric medical service. There are 56 beds inpatient beds for children, a large outpatient clinic including a Child Development Unit. There are 12 general paediatricians and 4 paediatric surgeons with full junior staff support.
The successful candidate will have strong clinical leadership skills and previous clinical director experience is essential.
- Fresh professional challenge with the opportunity to become involved in research if you wish
- Be based in a large tertiary and teaching hospital
- Total package circa NZ$180,000 - $280,000 pa (Base salary range NZ$152,000 - $216,500 pa)
- Total package includes NZ$16,000 CME Allowance pa + 10 days leave pa to attend conferences
- Relocation assistance is available
And the lifestyle and location are ideal:
- 4th largest city on New Zealand, just 90 minutes from Auckland
- Bustling University city with restaurants, cafes and nightlife
- Experience arts, culture and major sporting events here
- Easy access to the rest of the North Island, beautiful beaches, national parks, lakes and mountains
As one of New Zealand’s fastest growing areas, key to this growth is its central location and easy access to other parts of the country. Auckland City is only a 90 minute drive away and both the west coast and east coast beaches are within easy reach, including Mount Maunganui (voted New Zealand’s best beach in 2017), the stunning Coromandel Peninsula, and Raglan Beach, with its rugged coastline and some of the best surf breaks NZ has to offer.
As a university city, there is a diverse mix of arts and culture, as well as an array of sporting activities. The population (Hamilton city 200,000, Waikato region 449,000) is diverse, with many cultures represented and celebrated here. Events and festivals throughout the year include Diwali, Matariki (Maori New Year), Garden shows, regular Farmers Markets, Theatre shows and music festivals, major sporting events and tournaments.
There is an array of restaurants and cafes featuring locally sourced products, a vibrant nightlife, vineyards, and wide open spaces for you to enjoy the great outdoors. Housing is affordable whether you like the idea of an urban apartment, a townhouse with a garden, or a sprawling lifestyle block just outside of the city. There is also a wide variety of schooling options to suit your family needs.
You can find out more about Hamilton and the Waikato region here
Contact Tina for more details or to have a further confidential discussion.