- £20,000 joining bonus!
- Hospital is easily accessible from the M20
- 11 minute taxi or 20 minute bus ride from Ashford International
- Support with relocation expenses
Are you an existing consultant or specialist registrar within 6 months of CCT looking for a new post?
You’ll be part of a clinical infection team comprising 6 consultants (5 medical and 1 clinical scientist) and 2 clinical fellows with an opportunity to take on an additional role as Infection Control Doctor that carries additional 1PA supplement.
One of the largest trusts in the UK with links to the University of Kent and Canterbury Christ Church University, with a portfolio of 5 hospitals was established in 1999, receiving University status in 2008. Dual accreditation in infectious diseases as well as microbiology or virology will be particularly helpful for the increasing clinical infection service needs of the Trust. This post provides good opportunities to set up various new services, for example infection outpatient clinics and OPAT and for strengthening inpatient services related to infection prevention.
- Together with consultant colleagues, be responsible for the provision of a comprehensive clinical microbiology, virology and infection prevention and control service.
- There will be the opportunity to specialise and take the lead in particular clinical areas of infectious disease management.
- Participate in, and offer medical advice through a “Microbiologist duty desk” daily rota.
- Appropriate involvement in preparation of policies, clinical and antimicrobial guidelines relevant to consultant medical microbiologist duties and diagnosis and management of infection.
- Full GMC Registration
- CCST Specialist Registration or will obtain within 6 months of interview date in Medical Microbiology or Medical Virology or dual accreditation in Infectious Diseases with Medical Microbiology, Medical Virology or General Internal Medicine.
- FRCPath in Medical Microbiology or Virology or an equivalent qualification if overseas
- Experience of working as a clinical microbiologist in an NHS Trust at registrar level or above