- Fantastic lifestyle in tropical Queensland.
- AUD$400+million redeveloped, state of the art hospital with leading edge technology including a completely integrated electronic medical record system.
- Excellent transport links with direct flights to Sydney (2h10mins), Brisbane (1h20mins), Townsville (50mins) and Rockhampton (45mins) plus connections through to lots of other regional Queensland centres.
- Competitive remuneration package, AUD$350 - 415,000+ depending on experience
- Excellent schooling options and affordable housing
- Explore the Eungella National Park, dive the Great Barrier Reef, sail the fabulous Whitsundays…
- This is the laidback lifestyle at its best.
You will be responsible to the Director of O&G for the provision of expert clinical services to the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Key elements of your role will include:
• Education of medical staff and students, allied health, interested community groups and nursing staff.
• Active participation in patient safety, audit, research and service planning activities.
• Contribute actively to training, education, quality improvement and clinical review activities within the Department of O&G and in associated clinical activities.
• Clinical supervision of junior clinical staff within the O&G Department and participate in the after-hours and weekend provision of anaesthetic services.
The department deals with 1400 births annually and are looking for generalists, however they would be interested in hearing from candidates with sub-speciality interests as there may be the opportunity to develop these within the department.
Due to the timelines associated with this opportunity, the client is looking for candidates who are in the process of or have completed their Australian College assessment by RANZCOG.
Mackay Hospital has just recently undergone an AUD$408million investment project, expanding services significantly and increasing the bed capacity from 180 to 236 beds currently. The re-development includes a new emergency department, outpatients department, delivery suites and special care nursery, intensive care unit and coronary care unit, day surgery and operating theatre suite, inpatient surgical and medical wards, renal support services, dental, allied health and mental health facilities.
It is a digital hospital, equipped with leading edge technology to assist staff to provide the highest level of care and comfort to our patients. It is the first regional hospital in Queensland to have a complete, integrated, electronic medical record. In addition, a $1.5 million MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scanner allows for more medical imaging on-site.
The hospital provides services to a population of approximately 160,000 with 40,000 ED admissions annually. It is the main base hospital for the region, supporting 7 smaller facilities. It provides specialist services in obstetrics, gynaecology, paediatrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry, urology and oncology and many other speciality areas. New services implemented in 2017 included ENT and a Step Up Step Down mental health service.
Mackay is a city of 70,000 while more than 120,000 call the Mackay region home. Nestled on the banks of the Pioneer River, Queensland’s only blue water river; Mackay encompasses all of the conveniences of a big city. It has large shopping centres with a newly-renovated CBD providing multiple retail possibilities, while riverside cafes and beachside resorts create an idyllic work / life balance.
Real estate investment opportunities provide many attractive possibilities in the Mackay Region. Land and properties are a fraction of the cost to buy or rent, in comparison to larger capital cities, yet the surrounding area provides a better lifestyle. Less stress, less commuting time to work and less congestion in recreational areas.
There is an abundance of education providers in the Mackay Region, with excellent academic and extracurricular opportunities from Prep to High School. Mackay is also home to CQ University, with many young adults opting to stay in the region to further their education.
The lifestyle is peaceful and serene here, there is so much to see and do – watch the world go by over a ‘flat white’ in one of the cute little cafes or share tapas and cocktails down by the Marina, sail the gorgeous Whitsunday Islands, and of course, dive the Great Barrier Reef. When you think of the Queensland lifestyle, this is it!
What can Head Medical do for you?
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we appreciate it can also be extremely daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped hundreds of doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We take the responsibility of relocating candidates seriously and we know it’s critically important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through yours and your loved ones plans in detail, getting to know you to ensure we provide a seamless service which is second to none and above all right for you.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage all the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.