- Fantastic family lifestyle in tropical Queensland.
- AUD$400+million redeveloped, state of the art hospital with leading edge technology.
- Excellent transport links with direct flights to Sydney (2h10mins), Brisbane (1h20mins), Townsville (50mins) and Rockhampton (45mins) plus connections through to lots of other regional Queensland centres.
- Competitive remuneration package, AUD$300 - 350 000+ depending on experience
- Excellent schooling options and affordable housing
- Explore the Eungella National Park, dive the Great Barrier Reef, sail the fabulous Whitsundays…
- This is the laidback lifestyle at its best.
The hospital provides services to a population of approximately 160,000 with 40,000 ED admissions annually. It is the main base hospital for the region, supporting 7 smaller facilities. It has just recently undergone a AUD$408million investment project, expanding services significantly and increasing the bed capacity from 180 to 318 beds. The re-development includes a new emergency department, outpatients department, delivery suites and special care nursery, intensive care unit and coronary care unit, day surgery and operating theatre suite, inpatient surgical and medical wards, renal support services, dental, allied health and mental health facilities.
In addition, a $1.5 million MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scanner allows for more medical imaging on-site.
The department currently provides anaesthesia for orthopaedic, trauma, general, gynaecological, obstetric, paediatric, ENT,dental, ECT and endoscopic procedures. In addition we provide a pre-assessment clinic, an acute pain service and obstetric epidural service, while we also support the trauma and cardiac arrest teams.
You will be responsible to the Director in:
• Provision of high quality clinical services for the Mackay Hospital and Health Service.
• Education of medical staff and students, allied health, interested community groups and nursing staff.
• Active participation in patient safety, audit, research and service planning activities.
• Contribute actively to training, education, quality improvement and clinical review activities within the Department of Anaesthetics and in associated clinical activities.
• Clinical supervision of junior clinical staff within the Anaesthetic Department and participate in the after-hours and weekend provision of anaesthetic services.
Mackay’s history can be seen in its palm tree-lined streets and art deco and colonial heritage buildings – some of which have been lovingly restored to give the city a real ‘aussie’ charm, creating a real sense of community.
The region offers a superb lifestyle and a healthy family environment with a range of cultural, recreational and sporting activities. Real estate prices are affordable with a choice of town, coast or country living. The lifestyle is peaceful and serene here, there is so much to see and do – watch the world go by over a ‘flat white’ in one of the cute little cafes or share tapas and cocktails down by the Marina, sail the gorgeous Whitsunday Islands, and of course, dive the Great Barrier Reef. When you think of the Queensland lifestyle, this is it!
What can Head Medical do for you?
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we appreciate it can also be extremely daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped hundreds of doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We take the responsibility of relocating candidates seriously and we know it’s critically important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through yours and your loved ones plans in detail, getting to know you to ensure we provide a seamless service which is second to none and above all right for you.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage all the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.