Head Medical are actively assisting with the recruitment of registered RNMH/RNLD nurses to the beautiful Island of Bermuda. You must be willing to relocate for a minimum of three years and have a solid background supporting clients with an intellectual disability, especially those with high support needs due to challenging behaviour, profound and multiple disabilities while providing support to their families.
Bermuda is a sub-tropical string of islands in the North Atlantic offering a fabulous place to live amongst pink sand beaches, dramatic beautiful coastline and an average temperature of 23 degrees Celsius. Picture yourself scuba-diving, sun-bathing and enjoying and amazing daily life with outdoor activities and just a short commute to work.
We are seeking qualified, motivated and experienced professionals to work in a supportive but demanding environment. Bermuda are developing a multi-disciplinary community team to provide support to families who are caring for people with an intellectual disability at home. You will assist with transition planning and provide input to young people and their families through transition from childhood to adulthood.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing a range of meaningful activities for clients to enjoy; including training, leisure and employment opportunities
- Assess needs, implement support plans and evaluate their effectiveness
- Ordering and administering medication when necessary
- Registered Mental Health Nurse (RNMH/RNLD) with current NMC registration (or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience
- Minimum 3 years working with intellectually disabled clients
- Current: CPR training
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English - native speaker or IELTS level 7 required
- Minimum starting salary of $91,340
- Tax rate circa 6%
- $3000 relocation package
- Subsidised accommodation
- Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please get in contact with Victoria@headmedical.com. Head Medical can offer a smooth recruitment process, with assistance in registering with the Bermuda Nursing Council and obtaining your work permit.