Seeking a Clinical Lead - Consultant / Senior Consultant Psychiatry for a regional centre in South Australia.
- Excellent remuneration package up to AUD$600k dependent upon experience.
- More than 300 days of sunshine every year!
- Coastal location – watch dolphins from the marina.
The Flinders and Upper North Local Health Network - Mental Health Service, Whyalla, are looking for a suitably qualified consultant/senior consultant in psychiatry for the following:
- Provide clinical leadership in the design, planning and implementation of local mental health service networks.
- Responsible for ensuring the provision of high standard, cost effective, clinical services to consumers through consultation with clinicians, general practitioners and other services providers within the mental health service system.
- Provide specialist psychiatry services to country consumers and clinical leadership in a range of settings and through various mediums in both country and metropolitan areas.
- Providing team support to other mental health specialists in other needed disciplines.
- Provide specialist medical services to consumers and support clinical staff to assess and guide the management of complex cases, or provide a second consultant opinion.
- Contribute effectively to the teaching or training of undergraduate students and postgraduate medical trainees, and ensure the participation of others in teaching and mentoring programs.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
- A minimum of 6 months in a formal training post in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in your basic or advanced training (if not FRANZCP).
- Experience in a multidisciplinary team context.
- Understanding of integrated case management system for service delivery.
- Strong collaborative ethos as well as capacity to work independently.
Whyalla is the first regional community in South Australia to have both a specialised inpatient mental health facility and mental health rehabilitation service. Previously, these specialised services were only available in metropolitan Adelaide.
Surrounded by beautiful beaches, Whyalla is the biggest town in the region. It’s home to the Australian Giant Cuttlefish for several months of the year, when these luminescent goliaths converge on the waters near town between May and August each year. They’re some of the largest cuttlefish in the world!
Whyalla also has great fishing, friendly local dolphins at the marina, and some fascinating museums that highlight the history of this important port town.
Explore the well-developed foreshore, including the shady and relaxing Ada Ryan Gardens, and when you get sick of the ocean head out of town to the conservation park and take in this unique environment from the top of Wild Dog Hill.