The Kalkadoon are the traditional owners of the land in Mount Isa and the region around it. In representing this region, we pay respect to the traditional custodians, ancestors and continuing cultural, spiritual and religious practices of the Kalkadoon people.
Substantial rewards are in place for this unique Clinical Director position. They include, but are not limited to:
- Lucrative remuneration package up to AU$483,410 plus other applicable allowances and benefits relevant to this position.
- Friendly and welcoming community in a rural Australian context.
- Opportunity to develop a new interest in or to further an existing interest in indigenous mental health.
- Make a massive difference to a disadvantaged population group's health outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with a collegiate and dynamic group of professionals.
Your contribution in respect to clinical work, management and service development will make a vital difference to the quality of services delivered and the health and well being vibrant communities in this beautiful part of Australia. You will be based in Mount Isa, Queensland with travel to communities throughout North West Queensland and towards the Gulf of Carpenteria.
To be considered for this position you will be a Psychiatrist with leadership experience. You must be able to demonstrate high level clinical knowledge, proficiency and skills across a broad range of psychiatry with an ability to work autonomously and in relative isolation. Other things that will be important for the panel to consider include: people management and medical staff supervision experience, development and implementation of clinical programs, demonstrated interest in clinical practise standard policy frameworks (and in their improvement!), experience in the application of quality and risk management methodology amongst other areas.
Naturally FRANZCPs will be highly considered however equivalence from either the UK. Ireland, NZ, USA, Canada or South Africa will be highly considered.
For more information about this exciting opportunity and the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists registration and assessment process please contact Alasdair Spinner on +44 (0)131 240 5276 or firstname.lastname@example.org