Are you passionate to take up a senior role where you can make a real difference?
We are seeking a Director of Mental Health and Addictions to be right at the forefront of achieving the optimal service including developing and monitoring quality systems that meet clinical objectives across a rural Mental Health and Addiction Service.
The Clinical Director will have three principal responsibilities:
- Provide professional leadership and oversight for the service, ensuring effective clinical input to service operation, strategy and governance activities
- In partnership with the General Manager, ensure delivery of a high quality cost-effective service which meets service and organisational objectives
- In collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer, take responsibility for portfolios of work which require senior clinical involvement. This is an opportunity
This position is part of Northland’s wider Mental Health Services, which cover the whole of the North from around Wellsford to North Cape. Inpatient services are available from the larger service in Whangarei, and peer support from colleagues in Whangarei, Kaikohe and Kerikeri.
You will lead a multi-disciplinary team conducting community clinics with the General Adult and Whitiora (Maori Community Mental Health Team), working with the local Crisis team and also clinical input into Sub-Acute Unit, Te Kokonga, and the regional speciality teams – Early Intervention in Psychosis, and Intensive Community Treatment Team. The service has an active focus on Maori Health issues and respecting Maori culture and customs; around 53% of the patient base are Maori.
With its high sunshine hours and fantastic natural environment, including white sandy beaches and native forests, it has the reputation of being one of the country’s premier tourist and lifestyle destinations, and is a popular holiday choice for both Kiwis and international visitors. The region is an area rich in Maori and European history, and has great cultural significance to the Maori people, some of the oldest traces of Maori settlement can be found here and newcomers will experience a real connection with the culture and way of life.
Find out more about Kaitaia here
- Experience a comparable health system where your qualifications are recognised
- Competitive remuneration packages (circa NZD$180k to NZD$280k, depending on your experience)
- Generous relocation assistance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance plus 10 days CME leave
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Consultant Psychiatrists are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand.
There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Psychiatrists in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
We also offer a referral reward, so if you refer a Friend and we place them, you’ll receive £250! Click here for details
Read our Guide to Living and Working in New Zealand to learn more about the lifestyle
Learn more about the English Language requirements and if they are applicable to you
Check your eligibility for Medical Registration with Medical Council of New Zealand or ask us for advice