- Remuneration up to AU420k per annum (depending on experience).
- Major Queensland coastal city.
- Laid back, tropical lifestyle.
- Great beaches, restaurants, bars, cafes.
- Fantastic schools - 3 private high schools with exceptional Australia wide reputations.
- Amazing lifestyle suited to those who love the outdoors, incredible food produce and warmer climes.
- Most comprehensive mental health service in Queensland outside of Brisbane.
- Close links with James Cook University.
- Impressive work environment.
Head Medical are helping to relocate 4 UK based Psychiatrists to Townsville this year. This attractive Queensland City is a major drawcard for its tropical climate, laid back lifestyle, quality housing and lucrative remuneration.
The mental health service in Townsville is the most comprehensive outside of Brisbane in the state of Queensland.
They currently require a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist.
There is a headcount of 7 CAMHS currently with a view to grow further in the future. The service has the only adolescent unit north of Brisbane and their is a high proportion of young indigenous Australians in detention. With that in mind, although not essential, any CAMHS applicant with forensic experience will be highly regarded.
You will be a Consultant Psychiatrist with at least two years experience at that level and will have completed your specialist training in the UK, Ireland or NZ.
For more information about working in Townsville, Australia and the RANZC process please get in touch now!