Our hospital client in Blenheim seeks an experienced Infant, Child, and Adolescent Mental Health Services (iCAMHS) Psychiatrist
- Permanent part-time 0.8FTE (64 hours a fortnight)
- Negotiable start date
- No out of hours on-call commitment
- Marlborough Community, Blenheim, New Zealand
About this position
The successful applicant will:
- Deliver quality services to infant, young children and youth with serious mental health disorders up to aged 18 years in Marlborough Community.
- Join a supportive multidisciplinary team including: psychiatrists, mental health nurses, psychologists, occupational therapists, and social workers.
- Have a passion for delivering high quality, evidence based, culturally responsive and effective healthcare.
- Enjoys working collaboratively in partnership with multiple agencies.
- Have leadership potential for further developing the CAMHS service to achieve the best health outcomes.
Who is an appropriate applicant?
The ideal applicant will:
- Bring your experience and knowledge of attachment, the impact of adverse childhood events, developmental disorders, and childhood mental health disorders to contribute to advanced care of the population in the Marlborough region.
- Have at least two years post-registration experience with a CAMHS inpatient or outpatient service.
- Have up-to-date knowledge of current research, treatments, and guidelines relating to major mental health issues of children and youth.
- Have some experience in liaison / consultation with other agencies, e.g working with community services such as Oranga Tamariki, schools, GPs and local Maori networks, or internationally equivalent services.
- Hold Fellowship or Membership of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists, or equivalent.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practicing Certificate and Vocational Registration of Psychiatry with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Fit into a cohesive team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour, and respect across disciplines.
The benefits of this position
In addition to your salary you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
This is an incredible region of Aotearoa - New Zealand with a lovely climate boasting some of the highest annual sunshine hours year after year and is a wonderful place to work and enjoy life. With excellent schools and great lifestyle, Blenheim offers all the attraction and convenience one would expect within close proximity.
Marlborough provides ample opportunities for quality family-time and appreciation of nature’s wonders. The region is renowned for its breath-taking natural landscapes, with stunning geography capturing everything from unbelievably long golden beaches to rugged mountains and untouched forests, especially the view of connected vineyards stretching all the way to the horizon. These magnificent features make Marlborough truly unique.
The region offers endless opportunities for mountain biking, walking/hiking, water sports, and skiing. The region is also well known for its café culture, award-winning wineries, art, crafts, and relaxed lifestyle. To explore all these ingredients for a better work/life balance, please visit https://marlboroughnz.com/live-work/
About our team
We are the main health provider for the region serving a population of approximately 150,000. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are the largest employer in the region. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.