This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a Specialist Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist in the most adventurous and exciting part of Australia.
- Experience first-hand the glorious scale, beauty, diversity and environment of Australia.
- Adventure wherever you turn – deep sea ocean fishing, Kakadu, The Red Centre, 4x4 etc.
- A lucrative salary package up to AU$450,000 (dependent upon exp).
- 6 weeks annual leave per year
- Opportunity to work in the Northern Territory’s first new public hospital in almost forty years
- Contribute to the improvement of indigenous health in Australia.
- Work with a young population.
- SE Asia on your doorstep. Spend a weekend in Bali (only a 3hr flight) or Singapore (4hrs).
You will provide clinical services in child and adolescent psychiatry at level of Consultant to Top End Mental Health Service as required, participate fully in activities of the Northern Territory Clinical School in particular the teaching of psychiatry to medical students and in the Postgraduate Psychiatry Training Program of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatry.
Participate in after-hours on-call roster and be available for consultation for daytime crisis calls in the designated area of responsibility.
Royal Darwin Hospital (RDH) is the principal tertiary hospital within the region and provides a broad range of referral services in all specialty areas to the Darwin urban population as well as serving the Top End of the NT, Western Australia and South-East Asia. RDH is the largest teaching hospital in the NT and is also recognised as Australia's National Critical Care and Trauma Response Centre (NCCTRC). Palmerston Regional Hospital is a satellite campus providing lower acuity elective surgical services.
RDH is a 345 bed tertiary hospital that services a population of over 142,000 in a catchment area including urban communities, regional hospitals and remote Aboriginal communities.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
- 3 years Consultant/Specialist level work experience.
- A minimum of 6 months in a formal training post in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in your basic or advanced training (if not FRANZCP).
- Experience in a multidisciplinary team context.
Unlike other Metropolitan cities in Australia where it can be easy to mistake one for another, in Darwin you experience an Australia that is like no other, with adventure at your doorstep. The Northern Territory is huge - but has a small population. Over 142,000 people live in the territory capital Darwin, with approximately another 100,000 living in remoter towns throughout the Territory such as Alice Springs, Katherine or even smaller, more remoter communities.
The unique healthcare and social issues of the population attract medical specialists from around the world. The medicine can be complex but hugely rewarding.
Darwin is a modern and very cosmopolitan city. It is extremely easy to get around and the lifestyle opportunities are amazing. Schools are great and there is a university.