Are you thinking of a taking up a new challenge in your career? Would you like to improve your salary and work/life balance? This is an incredible opportunity to join a respected, international private hospital in Shanghai. The hospital already has established institutional collaborations with renowned medical institutions all over the world, including one of the top 10 hospitals in the US.
What's on offer?
- Challenge to fulfill your ambitions to advance your career
- Opportunity of make a meaningful impact in health care in China
- Working with doctors from all over the world
- Research, teaching and Academic opportunities
- Continuous support with professional development – CME allowance and leave
- Salary package is fantastic with a host of employee benefits - a range of 400,000 - 475,000 USD per annum is realistic
- Tax incentives for foreign workers, including on school fees and housing
- Relocation support
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Health insurance benefits are 100% paid for by employer for doctor and family
- Paid annual leave
- 2 or 3 year contract with option to renew
- Lower cost of living than Europe/UK
Often referred to as the ‘New York’ of Asia, Shanghai is the world’s largest city and has an ever growing population of around 24 Million residents. As China is opening up to the world, Shanghai is among the chief beneficiaries and in 2016 it was named the most attractive city for expats (for the fourth time in six years) by International Talent Magazine. Shanghai is home to over 170,000 expats as of 2015.
Shanghai Boasts fantastic downtown nightlife and Night Lights and as the world's fastest growing city, Shanghai is no stranger to world-class clubbing and pubbing. On the other side of that, if you are relocating with your family, the first thing ex-pat parents will tell you is that Shanghai is an extremely safe environment. Chinese people love children and will go to great lengths to entertain and spoil your youngsters at any given opportunity (which can be a little overwhelming and strange at first). With inexpensive domestic help, you will also find yourself, instead of being loaded down with chores, you are able to spend more quality time with your children, taking them swimming, or to the park, or to one of Shanghai's amazing museums. Eating out is also notably more enjoyable with children in Shanghai as children are welcome everywhere – even in high end restaurants and many also have child-friendly facilities.
What are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Specialist certification from Singapore or Korea
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
- Specialist medical qualification from Europe
- Fellowship of the Royal college of Physicians of South Africa
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST SPEAK AND WRITE IN ENGLISH AT A FLUENT LEVEL.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.