We are excited to be working with China’s most famous private healthcare provider to assist in recruitment of an English speaking CMO for their hospital in Tianjin.
The role will be approx. 80-90% clinical and we are seeking a doctor who has specialist qualification in either Emergency Medicine or Family Medicine (General practice)
What's on offer?
- JCI accredited hospital
- Excellent work/life balance
- Working with doctors from all over the world
- All support team in the hospital from junior doctors to reception staff speak English
- Continuous support with professional development
- Medical Indemnity insurance
- Salaries are generous and offer a host of employee benefits
- Lower cost of living than Europe/UK - 50-75% lower than London!
- Tax incentives for foreign workers, including on school fees and housing
- Medical benefits for consultant and dependents
- Relocation services including flights, employment pass etc
What's the role?
- Works with senior management to develop long-range plans and organizational policies
- Selects, trains/orients, and supervises departmental personnel. Responsible for work assignments and daily operations.
- Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions
- Ensures compliance with regulations and standards of performance for quality care
- Ensures that patients are treated in a prompt and courteous manner by staff
- Participates actively in patient complaint procedures to resolve operational problems
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested
- Is an active member of the Medical Staff and regularly participates in providing medical care to patients.
- Participates in professional development efforts to keep current on health care trends and practices.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality regarding patient and confidential company information
What's the location?
Situated in northern China, Tianjin is a city that is known for innovation and financial reform and it is the country’s 4 largest cities with a population of approx.. 15 Million people (as of 2016). Tianjin has become a popular location with expatriates from around the globe and therefore a demand in good private healthcare options has increased. It offers a high standard of living due to the lower cost of living than Shanghai and Beijing and is also known for a more laid back lifestyle than some of it’s larger counterparts.
Located near Beijing, Tianjin's weather is similarly characterized by four distinct seasons – dry and windy springs, hot and rainy summers, cool and pleasant autumns, dry and cold winters. Like most cities in northern China, July tends to be the hottest month, during which the average temperature can reach 26 C or even higher, while January is the coldest with an average temperature of -4 C.
People who are from urban Tianjin speak Tianjin dialect, which comes under the Mandarin subdivision of spoken Chinese.
One of the best aspects of living in Tianjin is the food, some of China’s most famous culinary treasures originated from Tianjin and it’s also very affordable. Northern Chinese people are also famously known for being friendly and helpful and the city has many parts modern with a very European feel. Around 285 Fortune 500 companies have set up base in Tianjin.
There are several good international schools for expat families to choose from in Tianjin, and as the city grows, so does the selection of schools.
Opting for an international school has the added benefit of facilitating integration into the expat community through school events and opportunities to get involved with the PTA.
What are we looking for?
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Specialist certification from Singapore or Korea
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
- Specialist medical qualification from Western Europe
- Fellowship of the Royal college of Physicians of South Africa
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST SPEAK AND WRITE IN ENGLISH AT A FLUENT LEVEL.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.