Head Medical is recruiting for Band 5 Staff Nurses who have experience working within Critical Care Unit.
Grade: Band 5 - £29,110 - £33,822 Full time
Guernsey provides an exciting and challenging opportunity within Critical Care Nursing. As a relatively isolated Intensive Care & High Dependency Unit, this department provides a comprehensive service to a wide and varied case mix. As a Consultant led service there are opportunities for suitably experienced nurses to fully utilise their knowledge and skills. The department has demonstrated year-on-year impressive outcomes comparable to much larger specialist centres.
The ideal candidates are nurses who are passionate about what they do and are keen to develop their careers to utilise knowledge and best practice principles to care for our critically ill patients. They offer a fast-tracking programme, which means there are opportunities for staff to progress quickly to band 6 level, supported by our staff development programme. They are committed to revalidation and to support this work they provide payment for the cost of NMC Registration and professional subs.
Successful applicants will be invited to Guernsey to attend an expenses-paid panel interview. We offer a competitive salary and you will be entitled to an annual bonus of £1,167 and an additional bonus of £3,000 payable after two and four years of continuous service*.
* All bonus payments will be paid on a pro-rata basis should the position be offered on a part-time basis or if the Appointment begins or ends partway through a holiday year.
You will benefit from having your professional subscriptions paid, support with your NMC revalidation, excellent training opportunities up to masters level and free parking across the Island, including all of our Health and Social Care sites. They will also honour your NHS service for the provision of annual leave and sick leave and we offer our staff a generous annual leave quota with 9 bank holidays. There is also the possibility of transferring your NHS pension into our compulsory pension scheme. More information is available.
Successful candidates will be provided with a Long Term Employment Permit. This permit will allow you to become a permanent resident and will extend to any family members who reside with you.
We offer an attractive relocation package** and, if you rent private accommodation, you will be entitled to a £5,000 lump sum, a rent allowance payable over 2 years and a house purchase grant where applicable. As an alternative, we also offer single subsidised staff accommodation and a £500 lump sum to support your relocation.
* All bonus payments will be paid on a pro-rata basis should the position be offered on a part time basis or if the Appointment begins or ends part way through a holiday year.
** Please see Relocation Directive 2020 for full terms and conditions
Appointment to this role will be subject to the following pre-employment checks which will be completed following an offer of employment:
- Satisfactory references which must include one from the candidate's current line manager
- Occupational Health Clearance
- Satisfactory, Enhanced, Disclosure and Barring Service Check with Barred Listing Check. Convictions likely to be considered relevant to this post include crimes involving, but not limited to, theft violence, dishonesty, fraud, vulnerable individuals and children
- Confirmation of required qualifications / registrations
- Possession of a valid Right to Work document
If you or anyone you know is interested and has the relevant experience, please get in touch. We offer a referral bonus (T&C's apply).
Please Note: Should the successful applicant not meet the requirements sufficiently he/she may be appointed at a lower grade than stated. The successful applicant would then have the opportunity to progress to the grade advertised once the necessary skills and knowledge have been developed and the postholder has demonstrated the ability to undertake the duties at the higher level.