One of Australia's independent health practitioners who provide accessible and quality healthcare for all Australians. They enable a range of healthcare services in over 70 locations across Australia. Their core services including GP, Specialists, Nursing and Dental. Their doctors, dentists, nurses and allied practitioners work together closely, and are empowered by innovative technology, to help deliver better health outcomes for patients. They offer range of services, extended operating hours, and network of metro, regional and rural locations, provides unparalleled access for patients from all walks of life.
About the Role
- Prepare GP Management Plans with patients on behalf of the GP
- Prepare Team Care Arrangements, often alongside the GPMP
- Conduct health assessments to assist in early identification of chronic disease. Such as: Heart health assessment, Diabetes health assessment, Health assessment 75 +, Health assessment ATSI, Intellectual Disability, Veteran and Refugee health assessments
- Provide nurse monitoring and support to eligible patients, often as part of the GPMP, TCA or Health Assessment
- Identify additional appropriate services to patients and perform as required
- Coordinate care across the practice, together with GPs, specialists and allied health professionals to provide a holistic approach to care
- Ensure that all care provided to patients is of the highest quality and meets clinical standards
- Minimum of 2 years providing direct clinical nursing care preferred
- Prior experience in primary health care setting (GP Setting Desired)
- Prior experience with chronic disease management and familiarity with health promotion and disease prevention principles
- Efficient in carrying out tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivating and influencing skills – to encourage patients to take ownership of their health
- Excellent time management skills
- Proactive and ability to think on your feet
- An interest in improving the quality of healthcare services within the Group
Canberra- Australia’s Capital city and set in a state all of its’ own, ACT is home to over 345,000 residents and the Australian Parliament. It is a unique city as it was purpose built as a compromise capital between the two rival cities Melbourne and Sydney.
Canberra is a thriving city with a low unemployment rate, and only a couple hours drive away from Sydney. It is also close to some of the East Coast’s most beautiful coast line and some of Australia’s ski fields. Other leisure pursuits include wineries with cellar doors that welcome visitors to taste their locally grown produce.
This clean safe city has the lowest unemployment rates in Australia and also the highest levels of pay.
Different people require different lifestyles and Canberra has it all to offer. You can choose to live in a city apartment or why not live the rural dream and spread out on suburban land! Most people only live about 20 minutes away from the city centre, so commuter stress is non existent. Imagine being able to either walk to work or take a short bus journey with no traffic queues!
What Head Medical can do for you
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors and nurses relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we will manage the registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.
For any further queries contact me on Briony@headmedical.com