We are seeking a Specialist Anatomical Pathologist to be based in Hamilton. Situated on the banks of New Zealand’s longest river, it is New Zealand’s 4th largest city, and it’s rich cultural mix and vibrant centre makes it a perfect place to experience the friendly Kiwi lifestyle. Both the West Coast and East Coast beaches are within easy reach, meaning endless recreational possibilities.
You will join the existing team of 8 Pathologists and 2 Registrars. The ideal candidate should be a team player with general skills and experience in anatomical pathology, patient-focused and committed to providing a quality service. There is an expectation that the candidate will bring or develop one or more areas of specialist pathology practice in line with the needs of the department.
Participation in multi-disciplinary meetings and in the after-hours on call roster is required.
The Waikato District Health Board is one of the largest providers of public healthcare in New Zealand, serving a population of 700,000. Waikato Hospital, located in Hamilton, is the major tertiary referral hospital for the region providing specialised and emergency medicine with the capacity for 700+ inpatients as well as outpatients. The Waikato Hospital Anatomical Pathology Laboratory processes over 17,000 surgical cases per year
You can find out more about Hamilton here
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand. There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
Read our Guide to Living and Working in New Zealand to learn more about the lifestyle
For more information or a confidential chat, contact Tina at email@example.com with a copy of your cv