Head Medical have partnered with a hospital in the beautiful Mediterranean island of Malta, to recruit for a Consultant in Anaesthetics and Intensive Care Medicine.
With over 300 days of sunshine – the capital, Valletta, was recently voted the sunniest city in the whole of Europe and was also crowned the European Capital of Culture for 2018. Malta has a truly diverse and thriving expat community
The Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care would like to further strengthen its clinical team and is looking to recruit a Consultant in Anaesthetics and Intensive Care Medicine, on a full-time basis. This position is for a twelve month assignment, which may be renewed for further periods. Duties include;
- participating in the anaesthesia team routine and emergency duties including but not limited to operating theatre surgical and endoscopy lists, ITU patient management, out- and inpatients’ preoperative assessments, as well as Hyperbaric Oxygen treatment support;
- participating in an on-call rota to provide emergency consultant anasethesia cover for Operating Theatres, ITU, and emergency response for Gozo General Hospital inpatients as well as the Emergency Department and Hyperbaric Unit in the shortest time possible. On call duty requires flexibility with colleagues to facilitate a seamless 24/7 on-call cover where the consultant will be required to be present on the island for the duration of the on-call period;
- being trained to participate in anaesthesia support service for inter-hospital transfer of seriously ill patients, by land, sea and air, on a roster basis
Indicative remuneration would be in the region of Euro 100,000 (gross) per annum depending on amount of additional sessions worked.
- You must hold CCT/Specialist/Board Certification in Anaesthetics (and ideally Intensive Care Medicine) and be included on the Specialist Register
- You must have a minimum of 2 years' post CCT/Specialist Certification experience working as a Consultant
- You must have a current valid Medical Licence and be able to provide a certificate of good standing
- You must be an EU National and be proficient in English
The Maltese archipelago lies at the centre of the Mediterranean, 93km south of Sicily and 288 km north of Africa, and consists of three inhabited islands: Malta, Gozo and Comino. Situated in the heart of the sparkling Mediterranean Sea and brimming with culture, the narrow meandering streets of Malta’s ancient towns and villages are crowded with Renaissance cathedrals and Baroque palaces, while the countryside is dotted with the oldest known structures in the world.
Malta’s position in the middle of the Mediterranean puts it within easy reach of a long list of destinations. By air, you can make it to Barcelona, Rome, Munich or Athens in two hours or less. Cairo, Tel Aviv, London and Paris are only a little bit further away.
Malta has been awarded prizes for having some of the cleanest seas in Europe and boasts stunning beaches, making it the ideal location for swimming and water sports. There are about 100 registered dive sites in Malta and lists of top 10 dives in Europe usually count 2 – 4 from the Maltese list.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK’s specialist in international medical recruitment and we’ve helped many Doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the Medical Registration and Visa application process, and support you (and your family) with the relocation itself.
For further information on these vacancies please contact Carol Greig on 0131 240 5273 or email email@example.com