- Permanent Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
Southland’s Anaesthesia Department welcomes applications for the position of Specialist Anaesthetist! Southland is the base hospital for a wide geographical area, creating enormous scope for variety in the work of a talented professional like you. Based in Invercargill, a small city, you will have the freedom to enjoy an excellent work/life balance and overall lifestyle. Our hospital, rebuilt in late 2004, is a new state-of-the-art facility that provides healthcare to a population of 105,000 is located in the lower South Island. Together with the latest in PACS digital radiology, MRI, CT and iSOFT patient management system.
An outstanding team player, you will have the energy to make a positive difference with both patients and colleagues alike. You will share responsibility for the specialist anaesthetic assessment and care of patients at Southland, applying your expert knowledge of modern techniques - from pre-operative assessment and operating theatre services to obstetric analgesia, Intensive Care and Emergency Department Resuscitation. You will also be involved in teaching Anaesthetic Registrars in the ANZCA accredited department.
Ideally we are looking for someone with the following skills and experience to complement our team:
- An excellent general anaesthesia skill set.
- A team player with exceptional interpersonal skills who builds effective relationships both within and external to their team
- Is solution focussed and can demonstrate excellent decision making and priority setting in a clinical environment
- Enthusiasm for teaching and passing on their knowledge to junior members of staff
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must already hold a valid registration with the NZ Medical Council recognising you as a Specialist and allowing you to perform this role when you start with us.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV for consideration.