Anaesthetists with ICU Speciality
Our client seeks two experienced Specialist Anaesthesia and ICU Consultants - permanent roles to join the team in New Zealand. There will be a lot of ICU focus and some Anaesthesia cover will be required as well.
- Join a team of 8 Anaesthetists (FANZCA or equivalent)
- Be part of a supportive multidisciplinary team
- Enjoy the great lifestyle the region has to offer
Who is an appropriate applicant?
The ideal applicants will:
- Bring your Anaesthesia and ICU expertise to an acute secondary care hospital and contribute to the critical care to the patients in the region.
- Hold Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANZCA), or equivalent.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate and vocational registration of Anaesthesia with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Fit into a cohesive team of collaborative practice, bringing your personality, humour, and respect across all specialties.
If this sounds like the sort of environment that you will thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
The benefits of this position
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ.
In addition to your salary you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance to cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Receive an after-hours on call allowance
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
This is an incredible region of Aotearoa - New Zealand with a lovely climate boasting some of the highest annual sunshine hours year after year and is a wonderful place to work and enjoy life.
The area offers an amazing friendly and safe community to raise a family and enjoy ‘kiwilife’ at its best. It has 20% of New Zealand’s coastline and boasts 2400 sunshine hours per year. It is unrivalled in the array of easily accessible leisure pursuits and outdoor activities it provides, sailing and mountain biking, hiking being very popular.
The region offers endless opportunities for walking/trekking in the Nelson Lakes National Park and picturesque Abel Tasman, water sports in the Marlborough Sounds, and skiing nearby St Arnaud. The region is also well known for its award-winning wineries, art, local theatre and convention centre hosting visiting shows, and relaxed lifestyle.
About our team
The employer is the main health provider for the region serving a population of approximately 150,000. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are the largest employer in the region. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach an up to date copy of your CV so we can view your experience in detail and assess the level of assistance we can provide.