Closing date for this position is 18th July.
- Sensational part of the Queensland coast, Australia.
- Lucrative remuneration up to AU$425,000 plus on-call.
- Lifestyle opportunity: beaches, sensational subtropical climate, easy, relaxed living - ideal for families, couples and singles alike! Oncall is easy and there is great junior - middle grade support.
This mental health service is comprised of 13 consultant psychiatrists of which 8 are adult - acute, inpatient, community etc. They have an important requirement for an additional adult psychiatrist to join them!
You will have broad adult experience which includes acute and continuing care, in both community and hospital settings and be able to demonstrate first class understanding of contemporary psychiatric care within multidisciplinery teams.
The registrar/consultant ratio is 1:1.
This job is a great opportunity for an overseas trained psychiatrist to develop experience in Australia. Supportive colleagues, a collegiate and collaborative work environment are backed up by a massive increase in health spending (AU$16.6 billion) in Queensland.
This service provides specialist mental health care to a population of approx 200,000 in a number of locations.
Specific services include but are not limited to:
- Acute & community based adult psychiatry
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Services – community based.
- Extended hours crisis response – via Acute Care Team
- Acute Adult and Older Persons Mental Health Inpatient Units
- Child and Adolescent psychiatry – Community based with Inpatients admitted to Paediatric ward.
- Psychogeriatrics - Community based and Inpatients admitted to Acute Older Persons Mental Health Inpatient Unit at the public hospital.
- Outreach psychiatry clinics and consultation.
- Consultation/liaison psychiatry
- Indigenous mental health services.
There is also a brand new step up step down centre.
Due to RANZCP assessment requirements, if not FRANZCP, you will have completed your CCT (not CESR) in the UK, Ireland, NZ, South Africa, Canada or USA; be MRCPsych/FRCP (or equivalent) and have:
- Minimum of three years consultant/specialist experience.
- 6 months formal in CAMHS or learning disability.
For more information about this service, location, the critical RANZCP assessment process and what it is really like to live and work in Australia, please get in touch.
Once Head Medical finds you a job, our registrations team will help and guide you through the RANZCP assessment, medical registration and visa process.
For more informatiion please call Alasdair Spinner on +44 131 240 5276.