We have an exciting opportunity for a consultant psychiatrist to join Busy Inner City community service supporting a multicultural clientele. This is an immediate requirement to start in early 2017.
As a Psychiatrist for the adult community team, you will work collaboratively with the existing medical staff and the multi-disciplinary team providing specialist assessment, diagnosis and treatment for adults with serious mental illness and severe psychological disorders.
You will be responsible for your own caseload and also provide medical input to the rest of the multi-disciplinary team. You will see service users at the Centre, but will also be required to do home, community and GP based visits and liaison. You will also be required to participate in the on-call Psychiatrist roster.
- Experience a comparable health system where your qualifications are recognised
- Competitive remuneration packages (circa NZD$180k to NZD$280k, depending on experience)
- Generous relocation assistance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance + 10 days CME leave
- Multidisciplinary team working and opportunities to be involved in teaching
Auckland is home to over 1.2 million people, which represents a third of New Zealand's total population. A coastal city, set amidst beautiful harbours, Auckland’s blend of sophisticated city living and outdoor beauty makes it one of the most desirable destinations in the world. The largest city in New Zealand and the world's biggest Polynesian centre, Auckland is a diverse mix of contemporary lifestyle, cultural heritage, sporting achievements, economic vibrancy and colourful uniqueness. The city is surrounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Tasman Sea, golden beaches, bush-clad hills, native forest and 50 beautiful Gulf Islands. Some of the many benefits of making Auckland home include:
- Close proximity to beaches, wilderness, ski fields, countryside, islands and mountains;
- Harbours that are among the best marine playgrounds in the world;
- Home to numerous galleries and museums;
- Fabulous boutique shopping;
- Excellent cafes and entertainment;
Find out more about Auckland here
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand.
There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
We also offer a referral reward, so if you refer a Friend and we place them, you’ll receive £500! Click here for details…