Head Medical are recruiting for Band 5 Staff Nurses for an Acute Medical ward in States of Guernsey.
Full time: Grade: Band 5 - £29,110 - £33,822
Guernsey is seeking Nurses, who are committed to providing high-quality care in a modern, purpose built facility. The following skills are desired:
- Be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of care for patients.
- Provide prescribed nursing care without supervision, within the level of the post holders’ experience, referring to a more senior nurse when necessary.
- Deliver care in accordance with current ward philosophy.
- Adhere to HSSD policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Take charge of the ward and supervise nursing staff on a regular basis.
- Maintain accurate records, both electronic and paper, of the care given in accordance with agreed standards.
- To participate as a team member.
- To act in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional conduct.
Successful applicants will be invited to Guernsey to attend an expenses-paid panel interview. We offer a competitive salary and you will be entitled to an annual bonus of £1,167 and an additional bonus of £3,000 payable after two and four years of continuous service*.
* All bonus payments will be paid on a pro-rata basis should the position be offered on a part-time basis or if the Appointment begins or ends partway through a holiday year.
** Please see Relocation Directive 2020 for full terms and conditions
You will benefit from having your professional subscriptions paid, support with your NMC revalidation, excellent training opportunities up to masters level and free parking across the Island, including all of our Health and Social Care sites. We will also honour your NHS service for the provision of annual leave and sick leave and we offer our staff a generous annual leave quota with 9 bank holidays. There is also the possibility of transferring your NHS pension into our compulsory pension scheme. * More information can be provided.*
Successful candidates will be provided with a Long Term Employment Permit. This permit will allow you to become a permanent resident and will extend to any family members who reside with you.
We offer an attractive relocation package** and, if you rent private accommodation, you will be entitled to a £5,000 lump sum, a rent allowance payable over 2 years and a house purchase grant where applicable. As an alternative, we also offer single subsidised staff accommodation and a £500 lump sum to support your relocation.
Appointment to this role will be subject to the following pre-employment checks which will be completed following an offer of employment:
- Satisfactory references which must include one from the candidate's current line manager
- Occupational Health Clearance
- Satisfactory, Enhanced, Disclosure and Barring Service Check with Barred Listing Check. Convictions likely to be considered relevant to this post include crimes involving, but not limited to, theft violence, dishonesty, fraud, vulnerable individuals and children
- Confirmation of required qualifications / registrations
- Possession of a valid Population Management Permit/Certificate
If you or anyone you know would be interested in a new opportunity within an island setting, please get in touch.
We offer a referral bonus (T&C's apply).
Please note: Should the successful applicant not meet the requirements sufficiently he/she may be appointed at a lower grade than stated. The successful applicant would then have the opportunity to progress to the grade advertised once the necessary skills and knowledge have been developed and the postholder has demonstrated the ability to undertake the duties at the higher level.