Are you a specialist geriatrician with acute experience? Like the thought of relocating to a beautiful tropical island whilst boosting your earnings?
You’ll be responsible for co-ordinating and managing the assessment and care of patients admitted through the Emergency Department to Acute Care Wing and the Long Term Care Service and Hospice Care.
Working alongside the Chief Geriatrician on the island you’ll be within a modern acute care wing of the hospital, a 115 bed unit which is well equipped . You’ll be working very closely with other professionals in multidisciplinary teams across surgery, medicine and the integration of community care health to offer a joined-up service for all patients.
It’s essential that you have current experience of acute care of the elderly and offer a patient centered, compassionate and holistic approach with a lovely bedside manner.
- Salary is negotiable and depends on experience
- Working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
- $2000 USD per month housing allowance
- Flights for you, your spouse and up to 2 school age children
- 3 year contract minimum
- Low tax rates
For this role, you will have broad specialist experience in the health of older people/ care of the elderly. In addition, you will have a sound understanding of contemporary models of care.
The hospital is ideally looking for a specialist with one or more of the below:
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Specialist certification from Singapore or Korea
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
- Specialist medical qualification from Europe/South America
- Fellowship of the Royal college of Physicians of South Africa
Hold full and clean licence in your current country of employment.
A British Overseas Territory bathed in sunshine, beautiful turquoise waters, white sandy beaches and a top diving site. With British, North American, African, Portuguese and West Indian influences adding to the unique cultural melange.
A really safe, friendly island where you will be welcomed into the community. Fantastic for an outdoor lifestyle such as boating, fishing, golfing, biking or just kicking back enjoying the wonderful climate, food and relaxed vibe.
There are numerous good schools, public and private, excellent transport links to the UK, USA and beyond.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST SPEAK AND WRITE IN ENGLISH, AT FLUENT LEVEL.
How Head Medical can help
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we understand that it can also be daunting and time consuming. We’re the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.