I am currently recruiting an Obstetrics and Gynaecology Consultant on permanent 0.8 FTE basis to be based at Hutt hospital 30 minutes from Wellington.
If your ambition is to make your mark in obstetrics/gynaecology, this is the moment to make your move.
The service required a highly motivated and enthusiastic specialist who excels in providing high quality services for women. Although this is a generalist position, there will be opportunities to develop individual specialty interests particularly in complex secondary level obstetric.
There will be opportunities for service development.
Hutt Hospital is a busy 260-bed facility covering Lower Hutt and Upper Hutt cities. Serving a population of 139,000 Hutt supports 2,200 deliveries and we perform more than 500 elective gynaecological procedures per annum.
Hutt Valley is between bush-clad hills along the Hutt River, and home to hundreds of trails, sunset-soaked seaside villages, coffee roasters, and where New Zealand's first settlers stepped ashore. Just 15 minutes north of Wellington is the second largest city in the Wellington region. Lower Hutt is made up of Lower Hutt suburbs and the CBD, Petone and Eastbourne on the harbour and the wilderness of Wainuiomata's parks and stunning rugged south coast.
New Zealand is becoming more and more a location of choice for those who previously considered Australia as the most desirable location down under. Its rapid growth compared to other developed countries has recently been referred to as a “rock star economy” and it was voted the best place in world to raise a family by the 2014 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey, with the report describing it as “an ideal destination to raise active, outdoorsy and healthy children.”
Consultants are well-remunerated and enjoy good working conditions and an excellent work life balance in New Zealand. There’s never been a better time to look more closely at what NZ has to offer:
- No geographical restrictions – opportunities in major cities, towns, coastal, and rural locations
- Great transport links, most locations fly to International Airports making flight connections to/from NZ easy
- Excellent educational system, with private and public schools as well as a number of tertiary institutions
- Strong real estate market and affordable housing to suit your style – apartment, townhouse, or lifestyle block
- Incredible scenery and diverse wildlife – explore the great outdoors from beaches to mountains, see dolphins, whales and native birds
- Living well and feeling healthy is embraced as a lifestyle for all the family
We are Licenced New Zealand Immigration Advisors and provide support & advice
We have assisted many Doctors in making the move to New Zealand and we’d be delighted to discuss the options with you in strictest confidence. You can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page
We also offer a referral reward if you refer a Friend and we place them! Click here for details…