Make a difference to the women of wonderful Waikato!
A number of Women’s Health positions have become available in the beautiful North of New Zealand. We have roles for Consultants and Registrars in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, you can read the full adverts on our jobs pages.
Waikato DHB covers the upper central North Island with offices and tertiary hospital in Hamilton providing services for more than 860000 people with around 5400 deliveries each year. Hamilton is New Zealand’s fourth largest city and is set to grow.
The contracts are fixed term for one year with the option to move longer term. So what could you do with one year in Waikato? And who knows, you may find you want to stay…
Love the outdoors life?
- How about heading along to Whale Bay to attend the Raglan surfing school?
- Be star-struck by the glowworm caves in Waitomo.
- Cycle the Timber Trail, a path through forest and over suspension bridges, taking you deep into the Pureora Forest Park.
- Take the whole family along to the Te Awamutu Space Centre where you can use the telescopes, learn about the universe and explore the solar system.
- Buy a ticket to ride old steam trains through the bush between Ngaruawahia and Huntly with the Bush Tramway Club. The tickets include unlimited rides and a sausage sizzle!
- Meet the animals at the Close Encounters Farm Experience Te Kohanga.
- Get your local culture fix at the Waikato Museum (Te Whare Taonga O Waikato).
- For something a little more decadent you could try the Te Aroha Mineral Spa.
- Hamilton Gardens, on the Waikato River, was the 2014 International Garden of the Year and includes New Zealand’s only traditional Maori productive garden.
Food and Drink?
- The Southern Belle Orchard in Matamata offers tours of their property so you can learn all about the famous Feijoa!
- Visit Zealong, outside Hamilton, New Zealand’s tea plantation for a refreshing cuppa or join the tea ceremony.
- Become a regular at one of the regular Farmer’s Markets, like the Hamilton Farmer’s Market at the Te Rapa Racecourse, every Sunday 8am - 12pm and Wednesday 3pm - 7pm.